Tuesday, June 19, 2012

stability

I feel like there isn't a lot to write about our situation these days. Things aren't changing much day by day.  School is going really well for Calvin. He is happy and settled in his new program. He is learning and making progress.  It is pretty unlikely that we'll be making any changes to his school situation in the near future.  There is great hope in his program and in the progress he is showing.

At home and in "regular" life we have the same challenges as always, ridiculous uses of profanity, extreme difficulty in maintaining peace and order and showing ourselves in public without a scene.  Sometimes the feeling of hopelessness is overwhelming.  Other times I do a good job of getting done what I need to get done and then marching through the difficult times with a single shred of dignity to keep me company.  I have noticed that a good walk and a good meal really help my attitude -- missing either of those for more than a day there is a good chance things are not going well.




1 comment: