Tuesday, October 9, 2012

another one of those days -

It is nice that we are semi stable and our crazy days are not as frequent as they once were.  It has been two weeks since Calvin missed the bus but today was another one of those days.

7:15am- calvin on the bus - grumpy and barely made it.
7:40am- dispatch calls and asks me to drive and meet the bus to get Calvin off the bus
load up the car with the girls and go meet Calvin drag him off the bus and into the car. he is really upset now because since he didn't stay safe on the bus he has lost a privilege.  Calvin tried running from me a couple of times and we were on a busy busy road during morning rush hour. I had 4 kids in my car and felt completely panic stricken. I told Calvin I would have to call 911 if he ran away from me and I was serious. It was dangerous and not acceptable. Calvin got in the car and we all went home.
8am - home to feed the girls breakfast.
I had no extra cards in the back pocket today and there was no way I could be out the door to get Calvin to school on time so we just worked toward getting the girls ready
8:30 - clare and friend to school
9 - lex to school
10 - calvin to school
(this may sound like an uneventful morning but insert lots of screaming, crying, whining and threatening to get the full effect).

sweet little jo who was basically in the car from 7:45-10 fell asleep for a little cat nap around 9:45 and slept for a while in her car seat. Since we were already down in SD we stopped at the children's hospital to pick up some contacts and visit a friend who is in the hospital at the moment.  When I arrived at the hospital I parked in the parking garage and read a book while jo slept for about 30 minutes more.  She is a sweet baby.

2pm  Calvin home from school (it is his early day)

8pm on the way home from scouts Calvin apologizes for everything he did today.  I wonder how much of his rage is anger management problems and how much is epilepsy. He sure does have a sweet side.

A year ago, we had days like this 3-4 days a week since Calvin was getting sent home from school so often and was completely miserable there. I am so thankful that we are much more stable now and this kind of thing is the exception rather than the rule. Calvin's school has been great for him and for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment