Thursday, March 10, 2016

lost friends

a while back, probably september, the beginning of the school year, I had met a mom of a girl in Clare's class who was brand new to the school. She also had a second grade daughter so our girls were the same age. I invited them over to swim after school one day.  Calvin was home, or came home while they were here. He was in a very bad mood.  Yelling, threatening, chasing his sisters. The mom was very uncomfortable with the situation and worried for her kids' saftey (understandably so) and left with her girls. We have not spoken since. I had somewhat forgotten about the incidence until I saw this family at pickup and realized that this was definitely a "calvin casualty".  I think that's a thing. This week is spring break week and there are many other causalities this week such as free time, a regular shower, and my sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment